CALL OF DUTY: GHOSTS FUCKING BLEW
waste of my fucking time
CALL OF DUTY: GHOSTS FUCKING BLEW
waste of my fucking time
This needs to be rebloggable …
number 9 tho
number fucking 9. there was a dude that would play his guitar outside of my window at 1 am all the time
Some bits that I’ve picked up:
There’s a general rule of college that if you were sitting in that seat for over two weeks, that is your seat. Not many if any professors have seating arrangements but switching seats will fuck everyone up.
Get there early and stay late. As soon as you get home you will not want to do shit. Stay on campus and do some homework while you’re in the environment.
SIT UP FRONT. The best way to start understanding something is to listen to someone talk about it and you can’t do that from the back of the class trying to listen over everyone whispering to each other. LISTENING WILL MAKE HOMEWORK SO MUCH EASIER.
Be childish, but be respectful. Have a massive snowball fight across campus, but don’t aim for anyone not taking part.
SHUT THE FUCK UP IN THE LIBRARY. Some people work there, some people sleep there. It is a quiet space.
Don’t be afraid to talk to professors. They are not there to flunk you. They would rather you pass than not.
IF YOU NEED TUTORING GET TUTORING DON’T WAIT UNTIL YOU’VE DUG YOURSELF INTO YOUR GRAVE.
Get involved. It will help you make friends, give you new skills to learn, and even help you get a leg up in the work place if you know the right people.
I will add to this as a GTA:
Take time for yourself—buy a planner, figure out when your best study hours are, figure out WHERE you study best, and figure out how much time you need to complete an assignment—AND THEN make sure to pencil in an hour for video games, some time to watch a TV show, or time to just lay on your floor and blow bubbles. Whatever you like. Don’t forget about YOU.
SLEEP. EAT. DRINK WATER. Don’t die. Caffeine =/= sleep. I cannot emphasize that this much.
AND MOST IMPORTANTLY:
COMMUNICATE WITH YOUR INSTRUCTORS! If you’re sick, shoot an e-mail and say “Hey, I’m sick today. Can I set up a time to talk to you about what I missed?” If you’ve got a good opportunity (scholarships, to go to another country, to check out a cool lecture, etc.) let your prof know ahead of time. If you just need time to work on projects, all it takes is an e-mail. We understand. I gave a student a free skip day because he e-mailed me and said “Hey, look, I have two massive tests and a project due and I need the time to study.” And THAT IS OKAY.
However, sometimes you just need a personal day, and you know what, when you wake up and getting out of bed seems like the worst idea ever….just turn off your alarm and get that sleep.
Some additionally tid-bits that might help you
- Before signing up for classes, look on “ratemyprofessor.com" and see if the teachers at your campus are included. There may be two or more teachers for the same course, and you want to try and pick the good/easy one. Who your professor is can have a great affect on what grade you make, even for the "same" class.
- Look for a facebook group for your "graduating class" set up, which is a good way to make friends and find people with similar interests (particularly for introverts).
- Look for a facebook group for each of your courses. If there isn’t one, MAKE ONE and send it out via the course email or word of mouth. These groups are helpful for if you missed class and need the notes, and especially for review time before exams.
- If no one else does it, make a google doc of the exam reviews and post it on the class facebook page. That way everyone contributes to the review. 200 brains are most definitely better than 1.
- During lectures, unless Internet is required, TURN IT OFF. If it’s on, you WILL end up on tumblr or some other site, and you will miss important shit.
- For the love of God, pay attention to your syllabus. Sometimes assignments are listed there, and that’s the only place it’ll be mentioned. Also, if it says to do a reading by a specific date, DO THE READING BY THAT DATE. Otherwise you will get behind, and you will have 200+ pages of textbooks to read in one night before the test, and you will cry.
- Yes you actually need to do the readings. Yes it is a lot. Yes it will suck. Do it anyways.
- If you are used to getting all A’s, do not cry when you get a B. Take it from someone who killed herself for two years to maintain a 4.0, it feels like the end of the world when your GPA drops, but it’s not. You’ll be okay. Just breathe and do your best. Your best is good enough.
- Do your reading do your reading DO YOUR READING FOR THE LOVE OF GOD JUST DO IT
- Talk to your profs outside of class! In general they don’t expect most students to ask them questions during their office hours and a lot of them are SUPER helpful when they do get requests for help. And hey, a lot of profs are actually really interesting quirky people who’re just fun to talk to! Case in point: my ecology/ornithology professor who is literally the guy from the Dos Equis commercials and nothing can convince me otherwise because he has done everything.
- College is way more accepting than high school. Seriously. If you like playing pokemon in the cafeteria or wearing stupid hats or LARP’ing then by all means do it because chances are there are other people who like to do the exact same random stupid things and BAM instant friendships.
- Work hard, but make sure you make time to have fun.
Em-One: I Ain’t Wastin’ No More Time (Game Grumps)
I CAN’T HANDLE HOW MUCH I’VE LISTENED TO THIS
Gay marriage 1959. Your heterosexual argument is invalid.
( Some Like It Hot, 1959.)
I’d like to point out that in the original script, the last line was supposed to be “I know”. Wilder had to change it because that was regarded as too critical.
i believe we all need to be as positive as these two
if a muscular man brought me flowers because he heard i was hospitalized, id marry in a heartbeat
this looks like the opening to a porno
I have found my dream job
is it bad that I want to set up an End Run server
but later because I have enough things tempting me already :’D
AND WE COULD SKYPE CALL AND I COULD RECORD IT ALL AND WE COULD TURN IT INTO A SHOW
all o my mods
now gonna record them and have lots o fun
Nintendo Soap cartridges
I WAS PANICKING THE WHOLE TIME BEFORE I REALIZED IT WAS SOAP WHAT
I GOT WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY TOO ANGRY AT DONKEY KONG COUNTRY
is this where I start the conversation?
HA! I see you follow me!
I follow you,too!
maybe we should tal-
I took some time to draw something for myself last evening, so of course it turned into Daniel and Enkii.
Abandoned Hotel Rooms in Europe
Photos : Matthias Haker
Got some lines to redo, and the placement is off because the text ain’t in there, but HOLY SHIT PROGRESS
also mika why you so upset